There are plenty of signs to watch out for that indicate that you need a roof replacements in Doylestown, PA. Ignoring these signs and waiting too long can cause more damage to your home and cost you more money in the long run.
1. Water Stains on Interior Ceilings or Walls – The most obvious sign that your roof needs attention and possible replacement is seeing water stains on the ceilings or walls inside your home. Water stains can be caused by several issues. If your roof’s underlayment is allowing moisture and water to come into your home, it is time for a replacement.
2. Missing, Curled or Cracked Shingles – If you notice shingles on the ground around your home or look up at your roof and see quite a few missing shingles, it may be time to get your roof checked. If many of your shingles are curling at the corners or have visible cracks in them, this is another sign that the lifespan of your roof is nearing the end. Sometimes it’s alright to replace a few shingles that are missing. However, if your roof is older and there are many shingles missing, curling or cracking, then your roof may need replacing now.
3. Wet, Dark and Dirty Shingles – If you look up and notice that your shingles are dark and dirty-looking, they may be wet. Shingles are supposed to keep moisture out. If your shingles are too old and are retaining moisture, it’s time for a new roof.
4. Finding an Abundance of Shingle Granules in the Gutters – Gutters should be checked and cleaned out occasionally, so they don’t get clogged by leaves, dirt or anything else. If you see a lot of shingles granules in your gutters that means the shingles are very worn and are disintegrating. This means it’s time for a new roof.
5. Higher Than Normal Energy Bills – If you notice that your last few energy bills are higher than normal, look up in your attic. If you feel a breeze, see any light coming in or see any water stains or active leaks that means there’s a problem with your roof’s underlayment. This means you need to replace your roof.
If you wait too long and don’t replace your roof, your roof deck and support system may get damaged. Water can also leak into your home and cause expensive drywall repairs. If any of this happens, it will cost a lot more money in the long run.